What is this?
This is where you find out who we are, what information we get about you, why we get it, and how we keep it safe. You can read more about this below.
Who are we?
We are ATP Media Operations Limited – or ATP Media for short! When we say “us”, “we” or “our” below, we mean ATP Media.
A quick summary
- We use your information so you can watch Tennis TV.
- We share some information with companies that help us.
- If you agree, we also use your information to send you emails about Tennis TV.
- If you agree, we also share information with ATP and ATP Tournaments, so they can tell you about their product and tournaments.
- When you agree that we can use data to tell you about things, you can always tell us to stop.
- You have other rights, like getting a copy of your information. You can find out more about this in this policy.
What is personal data and what is this policy all about?
Personal data is any information that could tell us who you are or things about you. This could be your name, your age or your email address.
This policy talks about how we use your personal data to make sure you can watch Tennis TV.
We will also tell you about your rights, such as your right to look at, change, correct or delete information we about you. More on that later.
What kind of information do you collect about me?
Sometimes, you give us your information. This will happen when you sign up for an account or fill in our forms. Normally this information will include things such as your name, address and email address. Sometimes we will ask about other things, such as who is your favourite player, your nationality or whether you would like to receive newsletters and offers. You will always know what we are getting by reading the forms carefully
When you have to give us information, we make sure you know that when you give it to us. If you don’t give us that information, it might mean you can’t access some bits of Tennis TV.
What kind of information do you get about me from others?
We collect some information automatically. To do this, we use technology called cookies (not the tasty kind!).
Cookies are often used to remember useful information and can help you use our websites. We use these cookies to help us understand how good our websites are and help us improve them. Some of our cookies also help you share to your social media accounts, or mean you see more interesting adverts. For more information on these cookies, you or your parent or guardian can take a look at our Cookies Policy.
We will be told if you “like” or “share” content from our websites or apps on Facebook, Apple or Google. If you use any other service to sign-up to Tennis TV, then we get enough personal data to set up your account.
We like to make sure that Tennis TV is the best it can be. To do this, we sometimes ask companies to look at what our users likes and dislike. Sometimes these companies help us pick better topics for any messages or offers we send you.
Why do you collect this information about me and how do you use it?
The law says that we must tell you the legal reason we use your personal data. We mostly use your information because we need it to give you Tennis TV. We do this because of the agreement we have with you. This includes taking payments and giving you any help you need with Tennis TV.
We also use a legal basis called “legitimate interests”. This means we can use your data for reasons that benefit either you or us – or both of us – if this isn’t unfair. These reasons are:
- Improving Tennis TV
- Understanding how you use Tennis TV.
- Sharing data with ATP and ATP Tournaments so they know how Tennis TV users use the service
- Personalising your Tennis TV – so that you see videos that are more interesting for you
- Protecting Tennis TV, and checking any complaints
- Replying to any message you send us
- Protecting our legal position
Sometimes, the law says we need to use or share your data. We will also share your data if we are asked for it by the police or the government. This is usually to keep you safe or to investigate any bad behaviour!
Sometimes we can only use your information if you agree – or if your parent or guardian agrees. This is usually for things like:
- Sending offers and newsletters.
- Using certain cookies.
Can I change my mind?
If we have asked you to agree we can use your personal data, you will always be able to change your mind. You can always choose not to receive our offers and newsletter by ‘opting-out’. You can do this using the links in your emails or looking at the preferences on Tennis TV (or you can ask us to do it for you by emailing us).
Who else gets my information? Does it go abroad?
We share your personal data with:
- ATP and ATP Tournaments where you agree they can send you offers, and enough information to let them understand who watches their tournaments on Tennis TV.
- Platforms, like Xbox if you want to watch Tennis TV on their platform.
- A future provider if we ever get bought or need to ask a new provider to take over Tennis TV, we will need to share your data with that company and the companies that help them.
- Our suppliers where we need their help to run Tennis TV. We use companies that help us with things like storing your data and taking payments.
- The police or government if we receive a valid request for your information.
We sometimes send your data overseas. When we share personal data with ATP, your data is shared with the United States. ATP Tournaments are located all over the world. Some suppliers are also located in the United States. Whenever we send your data abroad, we make sure it is protected. You or your parent can find out more in our longer policy, or by contacting us.
What control do I have and what can I ask you to do?
You and your parent or guardian can look at, change or correct information that we hold about you. You can also ask us to stop using your information, and for us to give you a copy of it that you can use. You can also delete your account or profile. You can do this be contacting us – our email and address are below. You can ask your parent or guardian to do this instead.
You also have the right to complain to Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk) if you are unhappy with how we use your personal data.
How can I speak to you?
If you want to speak to us you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to Thames House, Portsmouth Road, Esher, KT10 9AD.
How long will you keep my information for?
We usually keep your information for as long as you keep enjoying Tennis TV, or after you enter a competition, and then for 6 years more.
Where you agree we can send you emails, we carry on sending emails until you ask us to stop and for a short amount of time after this (to allow us to go through and remove the information). Where you’ve not opened an email from us in two years, or change your mind, we will make sure we don’t email you anymore.
Effective Date: This Privacy Notice was updated 15th December 2021 and is effective as of that date.